Architects: Henry Ives Cobb, Joseph Pell Lombardi
Address: 55 Liberty Street, Manhattan
Well, the lighting is kind of a mess here, with the insanely bright streetlamps casting off all sorts of light blobs, but that's not the fault of Liberty Tower itself. Built in 1910 and converted for residential use in 1982 by restoration master Joseph Pell Lombardi, it's easy to miss this masterpiece in the warren of downtown streets. The Chamber of Commerce building sits to its left and across the street on the right is the massed stone of the Federal Reserve Building. Many residents here moved out, some for a full year or more, after the destruction of the World Trade Towers in 2001. But now they're back, walking their dogs like every other downtown resident...